Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Poster Woes

I thought that this would be appropriate to post here...

About 1 month ago actor/ comedian Dane Cook posted a Blog on his MySpace page about the poster for his latest movie "My Best Friend's Girl"

...let me address the fact that although I'm not a marketing major, I have a bit of a trusted reputation after 18 years self promoting. I'd like to inform you I had no say in this marketing campaign, but if I did, things would be different since it is obvious that this poster is boring / odd and has zero to do with the movie I performed in.

Here are a few things that truly blow about my upcoming movie poster to promote the release of the film opening on September 19th:

1. Graphics:
Whoever photoshopped our poster must have done so at taser point with
3 minutes to fulfill their hostage takers deranged obligations. They should have called Donnie Hoyle and had him give a tutorial using "You Suck at Photoshop" templates. This is so glossy it makes Entertainment Weekly look wooden.

Read the rest here...

I do have to agree with him about the graphics. They could have chose better pictures to use of the characters. And what is with that space between Dane Cook and Jason Biggs' head... kinda awkward...

"My Best Friend's Girl" comes to theaters September 19th, 2008.

Source

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home